Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Would you vote for a Mormon?

For the Republican nomination for president there are now two Mormons running, Jon Huntsman and Mitt Romney. So the question I have for anyone who might read this is simple: "Would you vote for a Mormon?"

As anyone who has seen or heard "the Book of Mormon" musical or read "Under the Banner of Heaven" can attest, some of the beliefs of the faith are fairly strange.

Personally, I think most politicians are so full of it and insincere when it comes to their religious beliefs that religion doesn't enter into my voting decisions. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe somebody's religion should be a major consideration. I would vote for a muslim if I felt he was the right candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts too. The main reason I've heard concerns about Mormons is the fact that their theology holds that the current leader of the church receives direct revelations from God. Bringing that up reminds me a bit of the arguments people made in the 1960 election about JFK, his Catholicism, and the Pope.

    And judging by many things about his presidency, both good and bad, I don't think JFK was taking any orders from the Vatican.

    ReplyDelete